Thursday, September 6, 2007

Young LKY 2.0

To kick off today's blogatron, my dear ex-student Walter Wong went overseas and sent me a really hilarious letter. It is a kind of joke, cos he knows I like funny stuff. It's the Ultimate Thank U Note for busy executives and toilet cleaners alike. All u haf to do is fill in the blanks. And you can thank ur mother, grandmother, girl/boyfriend, pet chihuahua etc. Enjoy!



Here's today continuation of GOD + TEACHERS!


Now, back to my promised update of So Singapore Toons at Discovery Centre!

So, there I was. After George Nonis, author of Hello Chok Tong Goodbye Kuan Yew, drew the Man himself, and Miel drew his Valentine of Singapore driving the Globe, I wielded
my marker . . .
The smart kid behind me instantly recognised the ears and head.
"Bunny!" he exclaimed, and the adults gave him a standing ovation. OK, they were already on their feet, hence the 'standing' part.


To create some suspense, I drew the bunny pointing at Mr Lee Kuan Yew, and my teacher Sir Fong covering his eyes as if he can't bear to see what happens next. This, my avid, young blog readers, is one lesson you can learn: creating suspense will grab your audience's attention.



When I finished, the audience's reaction put a big (handsome) smile on my face. It is a combo of pride (I pulled it off! I drew LKY without rehearsal!), relief (I didn't goof up! My young LKY looked real cool! I drew something that doesn't look too bad amongst the two master artists!) and . . . revelation! Yes, revelation!

But what is that revelation? Will it affect Sir Fong 3? Will I start drawing political comics (Young Goh Chok Tong? Young David Marshall)?
To drive my point of suspense across, I will stop my post here and continue this weekend. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should continue sticking with your bunnies sir. But do try practising people though, its always good, never know when you need to draw them. Lol, lky's shape looks like your bunnies. Perhaps you can base it on that shape, it looks cute.

otto fong said...

Hi Sayer, tahnks for us advise. Yeah, the basic shape should stay. :)

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2