Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sunday Special: Young Lee Kuan Yew

In two months, sirfong.blogspot.com has received a very encouraging 4000 hits. Thank u all for visiting this little comic website (or clicking the refresh button over and over, haha). I'm also excited to see some overseas viewers -- welcome to the blog! I hope you can introduce your friends to visit, as I also noted a drop in daily viewership this week (overseas during September school holidays perhaps?).

There will be more teacher-related postings for this week. And more excitingly, I will be sharing a very pivotal moment in my creative life. Do read on!




After my Teacher's Day Week, This entire week's postings will begin and end with Raffles Institution's most famous alumni: Lee Kuan Yew.

As I'd informed u all earlier, the Singapore Discovery Centre is holding a special exhibition So Singapore Toons. Never before has Singaporean comics been used in such a scale before. There are interactive games, photo opportunities and 3-D versions of local comic works!

During the official opening on 1st September 2007, the artists are invited to draw a little something on the spot. George Nonis, the author of Hello Chok Tong Goodbye Kuan Yew, drew the Minister Mentor. Since Mr Lee is an alumni of RI, I decided to draw the following:


This became a revelation of sorts. As I post more pictures of the exhibition this week, I will reveal how the above picture has created a significant tremor in my creative universe (things happen when u r in the presence of greatness, albeit a comic version of one). I hope you will keep reading, so I can share a pivotal moment in my future comics.

2 comments:

AMANDATRON said...

Congrats on the 4,000 hits! I hope it only keeps climbing for you,, you do a great job!

otto fong said...

Thank u Amandatron! I hope it'll climb too. Heehee.

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2