Friday, February 29, 2008

Buddy Buddy p31 + p32


My apologies for the delay in this week's post! But thank you for dropping by now!

An update on the progress of Sir Fong 3 (tentatively titled "Sir Fong: Ottonium"): I am in the middle of inking the book. And shown above is one of the pages you can expect. As you can see, I have been hard at work to make sure the new Sir Fong looks fantastic.


I have the great honor of finally meeting Mr Johnny Lau today at the Esplanade Library Cafe.

Mr Lau is the creator of Singapore's most successful comic character: Mr Kiasu. Every print of the comic was 30,000 copies, an exceptional feat locally. I remembered queuing up at MacDonalds when the Mr Kiasu toys were sold, and Mr Lau makes no apology that his creation is a commercial one. Later, TCS made Mr Kiasu into a television series, starring Chow Chou Meng and Singapore Idol presenter Daniel Ong.


Just as bonus, here's a handphone ad I found along the street. For those of you who don't know Chinese, the character "machine" was wrongly written as "chicken". So this ad is buying and selling "handchickens".

And of course, here's the next pages of Buddy Buddy! Soon, the newly-eviled Piggy will escape into the real world to create great havoc . . .


2 comments:

Azazylix. said...

I saw that advertisment outside Aston Steak House. o.O

otto fong said...

Oh, the chicken handphone thingy. I saw it at Bukit Merah.

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2