Saturday, October 24, 2009

Win the new Sir Fong from What's Up online!



What's Up interviewed me on their current issue here:


And you can win a copy of the new book if you can answer their questions about Inventors here:


Also, thank you to those of you who wrote to me about my previous blog post. (As some of you have read, I was upset when I found out that a Manga Guide to Physics is now in the market.) Your perspectives on the subject are valuable:

1. Competition shows that there is a good market out there for Science comic books!

2. It raises awareness to parents and students - reading such books at an earlier age is very useful to building a good foundation in Science learning!


3. My books have strengths that the other books do not have: a. it is drawn by a person with 8 years' experience in teaching Science, b. the same artist has years of experience drawing comics and c. he also wrote theatrical plays for many years so the story-telling in Sir Fong is strong.

4. Their books don't have Totto the Killer Rabbit!

5. Great artists have put in much more hard work before making it. For example, James Cameron slept 4 hours a day to complete the Titanic movie! Why am I complaining when all I have to do is to work harder for my dreams?!?

Last Thursday, I was invited by a Science teacher to give a talk to his form class at Shu Qun. He personally bought each of his form class students a book of mine. This teacher went out of his way to organise something special for his students, and they also get a permanent reminder of his care for them in the form of my autographed books. They are lucky to have him as their teacher. I am lucky to have him take the effort to invite me to his class. And that really pulls me out of my self-pity mode!

Thank you all!

Yours sincerely,
Otto

No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2