Friday, August 3, 2007

Sunday Special! - Sir Fong at the Zoo Pt 1

I participated in the People's Association's comic drawing competition "Toon Craze Toon Grace" in 2000. Winning first and third in the Adult Category, Hup, a New Paper cartoonist, gave me a unique full page interview: I would draw my character and the background, and he would draw his regular Boy Boy character 'interviewing' mine.

2000 is also the year I changed directions from playwright to cartoonist. In 1999, my last and biggest play, Mr Beng, was staged in the old Victoria Theatre (every playwright's dream was to stage at Victoria Theatre) at the Arts Fest. The buzz was good and tickets sold out quickly.

This is the top half of the interview. As the file size is larger, I have split the page into halves and posting both today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2