Monday, November 2, 2009

To the Class of 1D, Shu Qun Secondary School, 2009


When I was teaching, being Form Teacher to a class was my favorite appointment.

At the beginning of each year, a form class was assigned to me: 30-plus amazing kids - each of them the greatest jewel in their parents' hearts - was entrusted to my care. Everytime I discovered a talent, a leader, a kind soul, a brilliant mind - I felt pride. Nothing compares to the joy of making a positive difference in a child's life. My students made me a better person.

So I was really touched when another form teacher shared about his class. It brought back vivid memories of the bond I made with my students.

So here's a valuable glimpse of one form teacher and his special class: Mr Elfie, and Class 1D of Shu Qun Secondary School, 2009:


"If you are my student once, I am your teacher forever."

"Aiyoh . . . Joo Kian, wipe your mouth lah! Got something white white at the corner of your mouth!
And for goodness sake, straighten out your collar!"


"From 8 o'clock to 4 o'clock: Feiqing, Wu Zi, Liu Kun and Vivian -
nourishing their cells with McDonalds Extra Value Meal!"

"Ranjan! Why you lean away from me? OK, smile everyone! Nice shot! Naizirul, Firdaus, very photogenic!
Joo Kian, you in the previous shot already! Kay-poh for what? And wipe your mouth!"

"Arfan (left) and Garda feeling frenched on a tray full of fries! BURP!"

And here's something Mr Elfie wants to say to his international students:



"Thirty seven students in this class of mine,
Seventeen raised abroad, my kids so fine.
Lucky Plaza four, Mao Zedong three plus three,
Petronas Tower two, and one eats kim-chi.
Three survived 2004 tsunami, they're ok!
One last gem from the land of Mandalay.
Last twenty from the land of five stars and a moon,
These are my pearls, my strength, my baboons!"
Mr Elfie

No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2