Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Finally Found The Name of Totto's School!

It is amazing what you can get when you really, really listen to other people!

If I look back on this November 2009, I would call it my "I Just Realised I Never Listened to Anything or Anybody In My Life" Day!

Remember what your mom said when you were young? "Listen carefully!"

Remember what your teacher said everyday in primary school? "Listen up!"

When I talk to my friends, all I wanted was to talk. I wasn't interested in what they had to say. I was more interested in what I want to say to them!

Since I already knew what I was going to say, my conversations were usually quite boring to me.


Starting last week, something changed. I decided to start conversations by opening my ears instead of my mouth. When I gave a talk at Tanjong Katong Secondary School about comics, I said to myself, "I am going to listen to what the students say to me!"

I asked the students this question: "Do you know why I drew my first batch of students in RI as bunnies?"

Here's what I heard:



To that brilliant girl who gave me that incredible answer, I have this to say: "thank you! You just named the school that Totto and his pals in 'Sir Fong' studies in!"

Henceforth, Totto, Abby and their classmates study at Rabbit Institution. :>


No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2