Sunday, January 31, 2010

Phil Yeh in Singapore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (YEHHHHHHH!!!! LOL!)

 

When the National Book Council asked me to help them post PHIL YEH on my blog, I said "YES" immediately. Then I asked:

"Who's Phil Yeh?" (LOL!)


 After a simple Google, I realised my good friend passed me a couple of his works: "Dinosaurs Across Route 66" and "Dinosaurs Across California". Now this friend of mine is a well-respected Singaporean authority on comics, so I never took what he gave me lightly.

So here's who he is:

Phil Yeh founded his own studio and publishing company at the age of 16 in 1970. In 1973, he began publishing a newspaper devoted to health, books, the arts and travel called Uncle Jam. Yeh interviewed many cartoonists for this paper and also featured their artwork for the next 18 years. In 1977, he published the first graphic novel in the United States called "Even Cazco Gets The Blues" with introductions by Sergio Aragones and Don Rico. As of 2002, he has published more than 70 books from graphic novels to children's books including "The Winged Tiger" and "Theo the Dinosaur." In 1985, Yeh founded an organization "Cartoonists Across America and The World" dedicated to using cartoons and humor to promote literacy, creativity, and other positive issues. His band of cartoonists have painted more than 1000 colorful murals in 49 U.S. States, and in 12 other countries from China to Hungary. He speaks to about 100,000 students in schools, libraries, and conventions all over the world each year. 

AND he is in Singapore! AND he's sharing his expertise! AND you can get in on this easily!

Here's HOW:

 
  

If you register by 1st Feb (Mon) - it's $250. If you register AFTER today, it's $280! 

No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2