Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sir Fong in RI . . . and Zaobao!


Before I rediscovered my first love of cartooning, I found a great outlet for my creative impulses as a playwright. I was lucky - my first play "Yi Zhu" became the first Mandarin local play to receive a Restricted (Artistic) rating from the authorities. The play will be re-read this coming week, but it's rated M18, so noone under 18 is allowed to attend. That picture is taken from Zaobao's coverage last Saturday.

See the main actor on the right? He's none other than Jackie Liew, Chief Editor for i-Weekly magazine. He played the lead in my play in 1992.

It was last Friday. Thank you for all the RI boys and teachers who bought copies of Sir Fong's Adventures In Science! In less than an hour, we sold another 128 copies of the book!

The handsome fella on the right of the picture above is Mr Teo Chai Yaw, RI's Prefect Master!


And by great luck, Joshua is relief teaching for RI. He was from my original form class - the batch that inspired my bunnies and Sir Fong! There's an original Sir Fong bunny!

1 comment:

woonie said...

And [on an unrelated note] there is Mas Selamat, right above Paul Lim, omnipresent yet elusive, as always.

The bookmark is really well done, not to mention the book itself. =D

Perhaps, something more on Quantum Physics in the next installment, in addition to the Rutherford experiment? heh heh.

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2