Friday, August 15, 2008

Liquid City - a new Asian comic anthology!

(Above) A page from "Alpha Gorilla" by Otto Fong

Thanks to my friend Sonny Liew, quite a few Singaporean comic artists will get a chance to see their works showcased in an upcoming anthology by American comic giant Image.

My short story, Alpha Gorilla, will also be included! This is a preview of my ultimate masterpiece - a reworking of the Monkey King mythology. After a few years of nurturing my Sir Fong's Adventures (more updates soon!), I will turn my attention towards this dream graphic novel project of mine. As you can see, it's style is more adult-oriented and realistic.

Titled Liquid City Anthology, the publication features many talented comic artists from Asia.
The quality of the artwork and stories are very high, and heralds a new age and standard in our quest to be recognised as international comic artists. The anthology will be available to all markets in November 2008!

You can see the preview pages here:
http://www.liquidcitizen.net/




One distinctly Singaporean short story is by Koh Hong Teng. His story (sample page above) about an aging puppet master during the Hungry Ghost Festival is 100% Singaporean, and has captured my heart since he first suggested it!

No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2