Monday, June 16, 2008

SIR FONG LAUNCH 27TH JUNE 2008


Dear friends, after almost half-a-year of hard work, my new book "Sir Fong's Adventures In Science Book 1" is finally ready!


This is a case of the cosmos aligning. As I start my new company Ottonium Comics, Singapore has its very FIRST Toy and Comic Convention.

For those of you who's familiar with the Sir Fong bunnies, they're here and still up to their usual rampage of humour.


The book combines two of my passions: comics and Science teaching. Since I'd dedicated most of my waking hours to this new comic, there's quite a lot of innovations I'd included into this book.



Why put out a comic book if it looks just like any other comic book in the market?

Hence, every decision I made towards the creation of this book is a breakthrough in my old ways of thinking: switching to full digital drawing, maximising the potential of the book pages (you'll understand when you see the book), choice of paper and stories.


Of course, I never forgot what made Science memorable for students and myself. So some of you might find the stories I covered here nostalgic: yes, Mr Fong spoke to us about it in class x years ago!


There has been many Western comic books on Science, but no Asian ones.

Also, you'll never see Western Science comic books presented like this. Ever.

I'm aiming to draw the best Science comic books not just in Asia, but on this planet.



In x years time, I hope more Asian kids will love Science and want to be Scientists. We'll need good Asian scientists - what with earthquakes, tsunamis, bird flu, AIDs and global warming around us.

DOWNLOAD THIS INVITATION AND SEND IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS!


DOWNLOAD THE ABOVE INVITATION AND SEND IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS!

I need your help.


A good book without you picking it off the shelf will stay on the shelf.

Come to the convention. Visit me at my booth (F01 - first booth along the local artist alley!) and please, buy a copy of Sir Fong's Adventures In Science Book 1. If you are already done with the topic, buy it for fun, buy it for your younger siblings in primary/secondary school, buy it so people from the region will see how good Singapore comics can be.

See you all there!

No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2