Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sir Fong in bookstores now!


As the toy and comic convention draws to a close, several parties have approached me for collaboration. It is something I'd encountered before, but in the past I'd ignored them repeatedly using all sorts of excuses. For a few days after the convention, I wallowed in fear (you may have heard of fear of failure, but have you ever heard of fear for success?) but I must move forward regardless of it.

These few days I marveled at the love that opened to me: the friends and ex-colleagues who came forth to help sell and buy my books, the ex-students who came by to support the book launch, my friends who gave so much of their time and advise, and the parents who bought the books for their children. I could not believe for a moment I'd deserved this, and yet there they are. Encouraging me on. I used to stay far away from them, convincing myself that I'm an introvert. Now I see that it was my own fear that kept me from being a part of the human race - the part that helped friends and communities as we all grow together.


When Will Smith (the movie actor) was a child, his father took him to the backyard and taught him how to cement bricks. Day after day, Will was forced to cement bricks after brick. Some time later, he made a wall. Then he realised that if he did not put up the bricks, there would be no wall built. In other words, we must, brick by brick, build our dreams - the dreams do not build themselves. No one but ourselves can build that wall. So everything I do, it is a brick cemented towards my dreams.

I am no longer running away from those who are dear to me.Thank you for your friendship. I will not let you or myself down!

Otto Fong

****************************************************************************************************
For those of you who could not make it to the convention, here is the list of bookstores now carrying Sir Fong's Adventures In Science Book 1:

Big Bookshop - Clementi, Harbourfront
Borders - Wheelock Place, Parkway Parade
Kinokuniya - Takashimaya, Liang Court
MPH - Novena, Robinson Rd, Raffles City, City Link Mall
Page One at Vivocity
Select Books

******************************************************************************************************

There will be more bookstores to follow, and I will update you once they load up the book!

No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2