Thursday, April 17, 2008

Butt Shaking


Recently a group of my friends went Ipoh. Amongst the footages they took, this one stood out. A video editor friend took it, laid down Britney Spears' song "Gimme More", and added a few nifty editing tricks. No offense to Britney fans out there, but this video is funnier than the official video promoting the song. Enjoy! (special thanks to KW for the permission to blog this.)

On the topic of butt shaking, below is a hilarious Thai commerical.





Back to Buddy Buddy.

Uploading this very old comic book sure brings back memories of my first attempt at creating a comic book.

As I am creating my new comic book, it helps to review the experience I have accumulated since my first book. What did I do right besides getting really lucky? What did I not do to push my creation further?

It was a long, lonely process, waking up on time only to bend over the drawing table to meet the daily quota. It's only years later that I realise drawing is only 10% of the work. 90% is actually being out there in the world, and talking to people who can make the book a possibility. The publisher is only the tip of the iceberg. No matter how good my work is, it will not gain wide recognition without marketing and many other support.


Hence, for my new work Sir Fong: Ottonium, I am learning to do all the stuff I did not do previously. That's why I am not updating this blog as regularly as I like.

I do what it takes to make the book a success.

No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2