Thursday, January 24, 2008

Buddy Buddy p11 + p12


When I was a kid and first laid eyes on The Joker of Batman comics, I was genuinely frightened. So I was really excited when Empire movie magazine previewed the new Joker from the upcoming summer movie The Dark Knight.



The last time we saw The Joker on the big screen, he was played by Jack Nicholson in 1989. While Nicholson's portrayal was really great, he was more funny than evil. But Heath Ledger, the critically-acclaimed actor made famous by the movie Brokeback Mountain, was determined to recreate the Joker as was originally conceived by Bob Kane - sinister, evil.


After The Dark Knight wrapped up principal photography, Heath Ledger was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on Tuesday.

It is very sad that someone so talented and dedicated to his craft was stopped in his prime. I remembered when River Phoenix, another great young actor passed away in 1993, who made me cry buckets in the movie Stand By Me. It still hurts now to think of it, because I still have no answer to the question:
why?

The next post of Buddy Buddy will be on Monday. I am attending a killer course the whole weekend.


No comments:

Cover of Sir Fong 2

Cover of Sir Fong 2